- Published: Friday, January 31 2014 14:49
In 2014, we encourage members to take an active role and consider running for one of the ten open seats on the Alumni Club Board. As terms of tenured members currently serving on the board expire at the start of 2014, some have chosen not to run for re-election. We are reaching out to all members, asking each to consider volunteering for one of the leadership and/or support roles in the alumni organization.
Nominations are being accepted for 2014 board positions now through February 15, 2014. Ballots for member voting will be included in the March Connections newsletter. As in the past, an alternative electronic ballot is also published on-line.
Positions are (ALL board positions OPEN this year)::
President (1 position)
Vice President (1 position)
Treasurer (1 position)
Director (6 positions)
All elected officers and directors serve on the Board on a volunteer basis. The 2014 term of service is from April 15, 2014 through April 2015. Responsibilities for a board member include participation in quarterly Club planning sessions and other duties and special projects as assigned.
Anyone nominated for a position will be contacted by the club president and/or another board member so that we can confirm the member is seriously interested in the position.
If you would like to run for a seat on the board but are reserved in terms of nominating yourself, click HERE to view the website directory of members and feel free to suggest one nominate you for a position.
2014 ELECTION TIMETABLE
- The slate of 2014 candidates will be finalized on 2/28/2014
- 2014 Member Voting Ballot will be published on-line by 3/15/2014 and included in March issue of Connections
- Voting takes place between 3/15 and 4/1/2014
- Ballots are tabulated 4/5/2014
- Elected Board for 2014-2015 term will be announced at club’s website on 4/15/2014 and published in the June issue of Connections